Rudler, PSC is seeking a Client Accounting Manager/Controller to add to our growing team!
Rudler, PSC offers work/life balance with a flexible work schedule in a high-growth, energetic, supportive environment. Benefits offered include a retirement plan, health, vision and dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, cell phone reimbursement, gym membership reimbursement and PTO. Are you looking for a position that offers multiple possibilities for upward mobility? Here, you will find very favorable conditions for career advancement.
The CAS manager position is responsible for identifying client accounting, internal control, and financial reporting deficiencies to provide recommendations for process improvements using automation technology and accounting best practices. Additionally, this position includes implementation of software applications, preparation of account reconciliations, and delivery of financial reports to enhance the accuracy and relevancy of results.
As an Accounting Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple clients, in a wide variety of industries.
- Overall day-to-day management and oversight of client engagements.
- Performing/reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reviewing client financial information and general ledger detail for the purposes of completeness. accuracy, and proper account classification.
- Preparing of financial statements and key management reports for reporting purposes.
- Client Budgeting
- Assist Tax Specialists with preparation and planning for businesses and business owners
- Supervising and management of accounting staff
Our Client Accounting Specialist use a variety of accounting packages and tools, including:
- QuickBooks Desktop and Online
- Various Payroll Providers
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Ensure client accounting services are provided in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Own client relationships as a business advisor to clients, by providing valuable insights, offering advice on future planning and training client users on enhanced processes
- Collaborate with team providing client accounting services pertaining to general accounting and financial reporting. This includes tasks such as ensuring the accuracy of account balances, performing account reconciliations, reviewing journal entries and financial statements
- Complete final review and approve all client deliverables (standard and complex)
- Practice effective two-way communication by proactively communicating and/or asking for status of work, asking/answering questions in a timely manner, and/or seeking clarity when needed in order to keep work progressing
- Continuously evaluate processes and procedures within the client services and implementation functions, with emphasis on implementing efficiencies
- Bring forward solutions to increase efficiency and productivity and share ideas and recommendations on running profitable engagements
- Manage time and projects effectively by communicating frequently with engagement team members and delegating work as appropriate
- Supervise and develop team members with a focus on developing core accounting and advisory skills and competencies through effective and timely review and feedback of staff work and/or client interactions
- Continuously invest time in understanding existing and emerging technology applicable to our clients and services
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience
- Active CPA license preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated and the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and the ability to prioritize and focus in a high-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including Lookups and Pivot Tables
- A passion for client service and a focus on streamlining accounting processes